23 February 2010

Designer Travel Wipes Case

I've always liked the really cute cloth covered wipes cases, but could never see spending upwards of $10. One shop I saw even had their travel cases priced at $40!!! That was ridiculous! Heck you can get the Huggies brand plain travel case at Wal-Mart for around $3 and use scrap fabrics and ribbon like I did. Decorating the case was easy, but I didn't take pics during the process. 

Big things to remember are:
1. Have your fabric and batting (if you're using it, it's not necessary, just makes it look a little more 'finished') precut but make sure to leave enough room on fabric to do the sides of your case.
2. Make sure that you have enough of whatever ribbon you use to do the entire case. I ran out with about five inches left to cover on my case. Luckily i had more ribbon in a different color but the same width to finish. Still irritated at myself about that one...
3. Have lots of glue sticks for your hot glue gun around! I  can't tell you how many I used but you will need a lot! Also, a popsicle stick or something really helps to hold down fabric while the glue sets so you don't burn your fingers!
4. HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Finally pics!

Front...y'all aren't gonna see the back I'm embarrassed!

No comments:

Post a Comment